Upcoming Movies: The Last Airbender, Captain America

Here are a couple of movies coming out soon that I'm really excited about. My inner comic and cartoon geek is coming finally going to the silver screen!

The Last Airbender

The Last Airbender Poster
One of the upcoming movies I'm really excited about is The Last Airbender. Being a fan of both the Nickelodeon cartoon and of the director, M. Night Shyamalan, it's a combination that made me feel a bit too queezy at first, considering that the director's last movie had a lot of people killing themselves. However, from seeing the first few trailers of the movie, I think he has been able to capture the spirit of the show.

Here's the final trailer for the movie:



The movie will be released on July 2, 2010.

The First Avenger: Captain America 

Captain America Fanposter

Another one I'm really waiting for is The First Avenger: Captain America. Although one of his cohorts, Iron Man, will be releasing a movie in the next few days (Iron Man 2), I'm more interested in how the Cap and his story will be portrayed.

Let's start with the main players.

Captain America
Captain America will be portrayed by the same actor who did Human Torch in the Fantastic Four movies, Chris Evans. I went, "Huh?" when I first read the news. I always thought that Evans was the PERFECT actor to play the wise-cracking Johnny Storm, but as the boy scout, Steve Rogers, I'm STILL a bit unconvinced until now. I hope the first trailer (whenever that will be) will erase my doubts.

Red Skull
The Red Skull has always been Cap's arch enemy since World War II to the present day. As of the moment, Hugo Weaving has been rumored to play the role and I'm hoping that it will push through. With his acting as Mr. Smith in the Matrix Trilogy, I think he's an extremely good candidate for the role.

According to IMDb, the movie will be released on July 22, 2011.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
top