From MMORPGs to Online Gambling

PokerTracker 3 includes a HUD overlay as seen ...Image via Wikipedia

Since I've been playing games (not just MMORPGs) for a long time, I tried my hand on a bit of online Poker. What prompted me was seeing one of the more famous (or infamous in some circles) World of Warcraft players of all time, Athene, ditch MMOs for online Poker. So far, according to him, he has amassed at least $30,000 during his first few days as a "pro" poker player; I can only imagine how much he has now.

This led me to learn the basics of Poker the last few days and it seems to be easy to remember. What's harder to learn is when to fold, call, or increase the pot. In short, the nuances of the game itself. Although there are some tips and guides out there on how to go about it, there's no better teacher than experience.

Trying out my basic knowledge of the game, I decided to play Facebook Poker games. At least this way, I can learn how to further improve my game without the fear of losing money to a pro player. I think I'm going to give myself 3 to 4 months before I do some evaluation on whether I can do it with real money on the line.

I am for online gambling as long as one can provide the right time and money to do so. Risking real money makes the game more interesting and fun to play. According to some materials I've read, losing money on the first few weeks is normal and should be considered as an investment in learning the ins and outs of the game. This is also the time where people figure out whether they have the real talent and skill to continue in their quest to become a Poker pro.

We'll see in a couple of months if I will be successful in this endeavor and whether I will actually be able to win some real money.
Enhanced by Zemanta
blog comments powered by Disqus

Linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
top