How I push my posts to the SNS universe

Image representing Blogger as depicted in Crun...Image via CrunchBase
For most bloggers who want to easily reach out to the Tweeterverse, the news from Blogger would be a heavensent:
Tweeting your new blog posts is a great way to engage your readers, and something that many on the team have taken advantage of for our own blogs. An easy way to do this is through Twitterfeed, which automatically updates Twitter with each new blog post.



It's not like Google bought Twitterfeed, but what surprised me was that this was just discovered now--I know some high profile bloggers using this service months ago. But my concern here is that not all my readers use Tweeter (surprising I know, but the Philippines is Plurk country). So how do I reach them? How do I push my blog posts into other social network services (SNS) with as little fuss as possible? I use two services: Ping.fm and Notify.me.
Here's how I set it up:
  1. Register for Ping.fm and Notify.me.
  2. Enable Ping.fm to send information to the SNS I want (in my case: Twitter, Facebook, and Plurk)
  3. Enable Notify.me to recieve RSS from my blog and send it to ping.fm
The process goes this way:
  1. I publish my post
  2. Notify.me receives the RSS from my blog and sends the post's title and link to Ping.fm
  3. Ping.fm sends it to various SNS
Next post, I'll be writing about how I share my Google Reader Shared Items to the SNS universe.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
blog comments powered by Disqus

Linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
top