If you ask me, I blame EVE Online


Yes, I've been out for a long time but it's for a good reason: I've been trying out EVE Online for the last few days and I have to say that I have some mixed feelings about it.

Good stuff:

There's no MMO out there that can even come close to becoming EVE's competitor (RFOnline comes to mind). There's a dearth of SciFi- themed MMOs out there, but this game takes the cake and then bakes some more. The ambiance while playing it made me feel like I was in a SciFi movie. The graphics are a work of art, and the ships themselves were impressive to look at.

Things to improve on-stuff:

The pace is slow. I have to admit that experienced EVE Online players already warned me beforehand that it would seem slow to the average MMORPG player, and I have to say they are right. It takes a special kind of player to be able to play this game and stick with it for a long time as Patience is a virtue I really need to work on.

So with my 14-day free EVE Online trial days done, will I go on and pay game time load for the next two months? I'm not sure. Did I have a special time while playing it? Hell yes--it's something that'll linger in my head for a very long time and for that I'll remember that EVE Online took me out of the blogging world for 14 days.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
top