Image representing Ping.fm as depicted in Crun...Image via CrunchBase


Ping.fm has just enabled RSS Support!
Over the weekend, we released a feature in Ping.fm that will allow you to post an RSS feed to all your social networks. All you simply need to do is choose the RSS selection under Services / Tools (right there in the Dashboard), and then enter in your RSS feed to the blog of your choice.


I used to have a one click process from my blog to Notify.me then to Ping.fm, but with this feature, it takes out the middle man entirely. Does this mean that services like Notify.me and Twitterfeed is dead? Not necessarily.

Notify.me does more than just send my RSS to Ping.fm as it also serves as my IM notification when someone retweets/replies to me on any of the social networks I'm in. Tweeterfeed allows users to have a real-time stat on hand to see how well their tweets have sent others to their sites. Until Seesmic/Ping.fm does these, the two services will be safe.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
blog comments powered by Disqus

Linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
top